Sunday, October 17, 2004

Affirmation

Like everything else, it feels good to be re-affirmed as parents! We had parent/teacher conferences with Mac and Kennedy's teachers and both were so positive and it seems like we may be doing something right after all!
Mac's teacher was saying he was such a happy, adjusted child with very polite manners, all the kids like him and he plays well with everyone! Of course since he is 4, and I have known him since birth, I sort of anticipated this about him.
Kennedy, being 8 (again knowing her since birth) has such a different personality, I wasn't sure what the teacher was going to say! She said "Kennedy is filled with the sweetest disposition!" I will say I was a tiny bit shocked, but then again I live with her at home with her younger brother and sister that she doesn't always want to be around! And she also received all "A"s on her report card, and even then I couldn't give her the credit she deserved...I am a bad mother, always thinking down on her... Anyway in my mind I am thinking "who doesn't get all A's, it is the third grade for goodness sake" but apparently, this is a great job on her part and I stand corrected! Don't get me wrong, Kennedy is great, she has so many good qualities about her, I REALLY think it is hard to be the oldest child (Wendy?)...So many expectations...But she is strong and beautiful and caring and mentally competitive and she is sweet and loves to snuggle and loves to be loved... Anyway, I love being her mom and I treasure the time I have knowing that all girls eventually do not like their mothers for some reason... WHY???

No comments: