Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I am what I am

I like this "By the grace of God I am what I am and His grace toward me was not in vain..." God has chosen me, He has made me the way I am, He has been perfecting me for a long time. How good to know.
I told my cheerleaders tonight to think of a blessing that God has given them and then to share that blessing with someone else. So I will do the same.
I have been blessed with an amazing husband who I really did not think I could love more than on that day (12 1/2 years ago) that I became his wife. I really thought "Great, I love this man and he is my husband. That is great" But understand this, I love this man more than that. More than the day he first kissed me. More than the day he purposed marriage. More than the day we had our first, our second and our third children. He is so good. He has become so much better. As a husband he is first rate. As a father, he is so much better then I sometimes think he will be. But as a person, as a follower of Jesus...he is great. Even if I was not his wife, I would like him as a person. He is good. So I am blessed and although I cannot (will not) physically share him with others I will tell you this...do not settle for anything less than what God has prepared for you. He knows best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - you make me cry. I love you - jar

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I should have added that I pray every night that my kids and their mates love for each other will grow stronger all the time - it works!!!! love ya.