Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Blessings

I want to say how thankful I am for God in Heaven today!!! He has truly blessed us by sparing us form this enormous disaster as well as giving us electricity back within 24 hours. I feel so fortunate since there are so many in despair. Even in our neighborhood, there are people without power and I should say it is 100 degrees here today. (heat index) So, I am so very thankful. I just heard on the news how actual fights are breaking out in Downtown Jackson over bags of ice!! We had a few left over and Corey took them into town and gave them to a friend of his, and his neighbor was like "Where did you find ice???" I cannot believe the absolute devastation and the well, I cannot even write anymore. I am feeling so sad =yet so blessed.

1 comment:

wen2farm said...

It is overwhelming at times to think of what has happened to all those peoples lives. It seems unbelieveable that it is in our own country that bodies are floating dead in our streets. The only comfort is that this is part of God's plan, one that we cannot even fathom the workings of.