Friday, August 04, 2006

Almost time for school....

Well, we did the school shopping thing and I agree with Kelly, they get nothing personal! And a first grader that needs to bring 50 pencils to school? I mean what are they going to do with 50 pencils! And for that matter why does a 5th grader need crayons? I mean are they going to color? That seems strange to me. And they need a bottle of glue and 4 glue sticks...for 5th grade? Must be a Mississippi thing
And we did the "Mom I need a new outfit for the first day of school" thing. Funny. While Emy Kennedy and I were all in the same dressing room trying things on, Kennedy looks at me and says "Mom, were you as small as me when you were my age?" And I am just not sure how to take that! And I tell her that when I graduated from high school I only weighed 98 pounds, and I can see the disbelief in her eyes. WOW the pressure...
Our lives are about to go into "busy crazy mode" and I feel terrified about it! I hate the rush rush rush of the fall and the lonesome wife of a coach.
Between Kennedy's practices/games/tournaments
Corey's college and select practices/games/tournaments
Mac's practices/games
My work hours
It gets very crazy.
My parents are visiting at the end of this montha dn it is all I am focusing on...relief, help, companionship YEA!!!

No comments: