Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I did it!!!

Yea for me!!! I actually "pruned" my life!
Yesterday, I told the lady at the aerobics place that I did not want to teach. She thought it was okay! I told her that she should blame my pastor, since he was the one who told me to do the pruning!
Today a lady asked me to coach another cheerleading class (my schedule is already Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-9:00 and Wednesday 3:30-5:00) and I said Really, I can't do that but thanks for asking me! This is hard for me to say at times, so I am very proud of myself.
This week has been crazy, I have been babysitting 2 extra kids, so my schedule has been hectic. A funny though... these kids cannot sing! I mean they are way off tune, and they sing exceptionally loud and most of the time they do not know the right words! Yesterday we were in the car and they wanted to listen to the Shrek CD and I thought sure why not. The singing was so bad!! And loud! So I took the cd out of the car last night and today they asked if they could listen to it and I said it wasn't in the car (the truth), so is that mean? I don't really think so!
My own children do not usually know the right words to sing, but they are mostly on tune! Macguire was singing "Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the evening..." and he was saying "Raisin, Raisin..." So funny!!! Today I watched an 8 year old learn how to roller skate...not a pretty sight! I coached 2 cheerleading squads, and based 2 liberties and 4 extension full-downs. Although I used to be a flier (30 lbs ago) I am now a solid base!!! But truly I am strong and it is kind of fun...except when the flier puts her foot down in her lib and her shoe is on my face! Or when I am backing a lib and I say cradle and the other bases choose not to catch and I am floored by the flier! Okay, too technical for some so I will say goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy-

I can't believe it has been almost 3 years since we lived in the same state. I love this blogspot thing and I will try to keep p with you. Bret made it to Turkey and we have two weeks down on this interesting journey. Thank GOD he looks Med...the Greeks think he is one of them and the Turks treat him like family. Of couse the Italian NATO guys just smile and assure everyone that his face is straight from Siciliy!

Love you-
Heather