Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Fear

Fear is a horrible , snagging, entraping sin that Satan himself has laid upon us...in other words, it is sin. There are so many times that fear controls me, fear of unknown, fear of children growing up, fear that I haven't prepared myself yet so how could I have prepared them??? Fear of the future, fear of the present, no fears incringing on tomorrow, but possibly regrets creep in.
The GREAT thing is that the answer to fear is faith!!! (2 "f" words, interesting) Faith that someone else is in control, faith that I am merely the body that performs the task, faith that I may not be able to prepare my kids, but I can direct them to Him, faith that I rarely see with God's vision, yet I am smart enough to know it, faith that fear can be banished if I let it ( so that actually I do have a bit of control, over my own thoughts).
Can you tell I just came home from bible study!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I used to be so afraid when Jeff would be gone that I would literally stay up all night long listening for something. My friend finally pointed out that my fear was sin and after that I just let it go. I had never thought about it that way. I love that Bible study - what is it called?

Anonymous said...

I forget this alot but worry is a foothold to fear. When I remind myself not to worry over things, it helps to divert the fear, and therefore the lack of trust in the Lord. Isn't it funny how when you do a study about what you think is one subject, how it turns into things you didn't expect? w