Sunday, January 30, 2005

A few who are smarter

Earlier this week as I was lamenting my daily schedule to a friend he said "you can always say no to others and they will get over it. You can say no to your family and they may never get over it" (and additionally, they may need therapy later)!
Sometimes I think I am doing good for my family, by scheduling extras that earn extra money for them and then it turns out actually worse for them. Like being shuttled back and forth between Corey and I every day. And everyday they say "I don't want to go in and meet daddy" and I got to the point where I was like "too bad, you have such a bad life". But I was really thinking, it does stink for them, and if I scheduled things even a half hour later, Corey could just come home and they could be here the whole time. So as I was making out my schedule for the fall, I was planning this way and I have been thinking about summer and how crazy it is beginning to look like, and I just refuse to be driven by money and schedules!
Either that or we need to live near parents or family of some sort and then I would not feel bad!

1 comment:

wen2farm said...

Yes, would you move here already!?

It would be so incredibly cool - I miss you so much!

W.