Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Spanish and growing up

Not really a combination of those two things, just 2 thoughts I need to express.
I really wish I could speak Spanish, no I mean really speak Spanish. And I have a lovely sister who is fluent, wonder why she doesn't teach me!!?? I also wonder why college (also high school) requires a foreign language, yet I still cannot communicate well. This is disturbing and now one of my new goals. I will speak Spanish, even if the only person I can talk to is Molly. Well, I guess I can also call her friends Nicole and Seth and I am sure they would love that.
And if it is Tuesday, then I had bible study...
One word people, only one word to describe your childhood. This was one of the exercises in our bible study class today. Secure. That was my word. I adore my family and I had a GREAT happy childhood that I would love to repeat for my children. I was loved (my parents verbally said they loved me), touched ( they hugged and hugged me), encouraged( they told me how great I was), supported ( active commitment to me), and the told me I could be anything I wanted to be. Thank you to Mike and Linda!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! we will speak in spanish this weekend! i have been practicing with seth... and i think that i may dissappoint him. ;/ so... we will practice together! :)

i'm sure your good friend nicole would love to speak it with you! (as well as seth...but he's intimidating:)

your one word... that was a good one. i can't think of anything else now that you said that. you're right on. we had a great childhood(s). mom and dad... you have succeeded. i think that's really all you can be held resposible for.

love you - can't wait to see you! mmo.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy ... this is your good friend Nicole!!
I enjoyed your posting ... I think that you should most definitely learn Spanish. And you and I should be able to communicate just fine seeing as how I have lost quite a bit of mine. It's frustrating really.

So it would be fun to see you again. Maybe someday soon.
One word to describe my childhood? Sadly enough, I might have to go with ... confusing. There were many good things though. And I was a crazy child. I'm sure that doesn't come hard to believe. : ) I had a lot of fun I think, but there's so much that I don't remember.

See ya ... have a great day!

Andrew Butters said...

Fulfilled.

Please, take a second to read THIS and vote for "Jodi and Andrew" on the site mentioned. We'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks a lot!