Sunday, January 30, 2005

soccer coach x 3

Scary!!! When I was at registration for spring soccer and I was in a hurry (big surprise), I accidentally checked the box on Mac's form saying Head Coach! Well, Corey is already Kennedy's coach (and Belhavens) and the last thing he wanted to be was Mac's coach also! So I called the soccer commissioner and told him my error, and he was like too bad, you can do it! So there you go! I am now Mac's soccer coach, even though I will miss every practice (cheerleading on Tuesdays at 4:30) and the first 5 weeks of games (again, judging cheerleading comps all across the nation). So I, being the smart one I am, thought up the great idea of recruiting a couple of Corey's college girls to coach! So he called and they said yes! YEA!!!!!!!!! So I will technically be "coach" but they will do all practices and the first 5 weeks of games! I love them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious (though i know it wasn't at the time)! what luck. :) i'm sure corey's girls are going to LOVE doing that for the kids. epecially if the kids are anything like Mac!
mmo.
p.s. did you read my friend kyle's online journal about fear? he is bickel_t. he's the one that wrote that piece about fear that i sent to you last time that you loved. he's sometimes pretty harsh on his journal. but def gets the point across.

loved talking to you the other day! did blue win in monopoly :)

Kelly said...

After coaching Evan's team last year (spring and fall) I am looking forward to just sitting in the stands and cheering this year. They asked me to be the Team Mom on the t-ball team and I said "no thanks!". I would love to know what it is like to not be involved at all - see if anyone else steps up and does it!