Monday, November 28, 2005

Some things I liked on my trip

When I was driving into Atlanta and it was dark, I looked into the sky and saw the lights of 5 airplanes backed up one after another. It was cool.
A friend shared an intensely personal story with me, and I cried. I listened to Molly and Doug's cd and cried. I wondered if I am passionate about anything anymore. Well, I am passionate about my family, that is a good thing, but what else is driving me? When I listen to some of the songs, I think that so much of marriage is passion. At least in the beginning. And then what happens? A settling? Other "distractions" that take away your thoughts for your passion?
Seeing my sister-in-law with a tattoo, talking to her about "real" stuff, her perfume that smells so great (Ralph Lauren Blue).
My own children behaving and actually acting decent the whole time we were gone!
A fun (unexpected) snowfall one day and the kids building a snowman. (Emy's first time to see snow)

2 comments:

wen2farm said...

I was listening to Dobson yesterday, and he had his son on. He has just written his 3rd book, and I would like to get the 2nd & 3rd one. I think called "be intolerant" for Christ and I can't remember the new one....but listening to him talk (he speaks w/youth) he was so passionate, passionate for Christ. And I realized that I'm not. Like you said - we're passionate for our family, and husband (could work on that sometimes, too) I'm certainly passionate for the farm - but, I think, unless we are passionate for Christ......then things are out of wack. So - now I need to give this day to Him and see what happens - thank you for your blog.
Love you tons, and can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

what is her tatoo and where is it? that`s a recent addition?

i really miss you.
i miss you right now.
i think i could cry.

i just want to talk with you!

yesterday someone donated $10,000 to help pay for a satelight system at the project. we`d have an ohio phone number...and internet.


hope.
mmw.