Tuesday, September 23, 2008

on a serious note

Someone came to me the other day, and (i think) they were complimenting me on my outlook in life. IN GENERAL I am a very upbeat, glass is half full, kind of girl.
She said "Do you ever have a bad day?"
um, hello.
Yes,
I said, everyday is a bad day.
Everyday that I spend on this earth with my sinful nature is a bad day.
Everyday.
Everyday I am prideful.
Everyday.
Everyday I hurt one of my children's feelings!
Everyday.
Everyday I think more about myself than anything/anyone else.
Everyday.
Everyday I brush past people who need a hello, or more, from me.
Everyday.
I can only make everyday by the grace and mercy and love of Jesus. Cling to the promises.

"Better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts than thousands elsewhere!"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

AMEN - sista!