Monday, August 02, 2004

Decisions late at night...

Yes, y'all should know me well enough to know that I will change the font and the color each time I post, so here we go...I am wondering why life has so many options, I mean too many if you ask me...is this one right ? Is that one right? Don't get me wrong I love the ability to choose and would rather have choice than not any day, but again the choices can weigh me down at times and I feel the struggle to always make the best choice, I mean get real, don't we all want to make the best choice?
Okay, so my choice tonight is to sleep on the fold-out couch because I am painting our bedroom and it is a disaster! I have run out of paint, I have a giant mirror on our bed and the dresser is blocking the entrance to the room...so the couch/bed has been made and we will be "camping out" in the family room! Yea!
My real weighty choice is about the career thing...sometimes there is nothing going on and I am calling out to God...what? What are you saying?? and then like an avalanche 10 thousand things come pouring in and decisions need to be made. So that is the time, decisions need to be made, I am relying on God that the correct one will be chosen and then life will be beautiful!! (???)
As usual, my days seem to go by with at least one known disaster... On Sunday I took Corey to the airport (he was going to Dallas) so he could pick-up a rental car, and since he had to fill in paperwork etc... I said that I would go ahead to the chinese place and order/pick-up food. So as I am driving there, Mac falls asleep and when I arrive he is still not awake. All 3 kids are in their pajamas and only Kennedy has worn shoes. So here is the dilemma, I cannot get out of the car to go in by myself (I think we all know why!) and order the food, nor can I carry 2 kids (one asleep) and take all 3 inside! So I wait and wait and finally (with Kennedy's help) Mac wakes up and She carries Emy I carry Mac and we 4 go in order chinese and then go back to the car to wait for 20 minutes until it is ready!!! Then we repeat the process and pick up the food and drive home, at which point Macguire is upset "I don't like chinese food" and I listen to him the rest of the way home. When I get home Corey is in the house, watching ESPN (oh yeah, did I mention that it is pouring down rain while all this is happening??) and I am trying to get 3 kids and chinese food into the house. So, this was a very bad decision...why didn't Corey go and get the food, as he was alone in his rental car?? I do not know. I need to make better decisions!!! Life is good!

No comments: