Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Why I think living in the South is so funny...

1. I met a lady today who had three sons: Jacoby, Jacorey and Jacody. (I know Kelly beats me at this, she had some strange names from where she worked)
2. The weatherman actaully says things like "we will be having abundant sunshine today" or even this "we have southern fried sunshine today!" I mean what is that? I am still trying to figure out this southern dish: chicken fried steak! Say what you mean!!!!(is it chicken or steak?)
3. Speaking of saying what you mean, I actually heard the Governor of Mississippi say "It might could be that ..."
4. I coach a VERY wealthy private school here in Jackson and these are Three of my best excuses of "why I wasn't at cheerleading practice"... "my parents took me to Germany for a long weekend" "I was at surf school in San Diego"(going to be real helpful in MS) "I had to get my nail tips done, because if I don't then I bite my nails and then I get an infection, my mom says I have to have them"
5. I am helping to open a cheer gym and we are setting up tumbling classes, and I have a beginner, intermediate, advanced, and elite class. Well, someone suggested I should call beginner intermediate because "the North Jackson moms don't think their children are beginners at anything" And literally I changed the name of the class, and now it is full!!
Funny times!
Again my son continues to give the highlight of his day as "I play and eat cheese crackers" Although today he had goldfish, and this was even better!!! He actually learned a bible verse, probably the first he has memorized, and it is Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray" and he says "all sheep gone astray" Interesting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that lady has the right idea for naming her kids. Instead of fumbling around through all the names to get the right one your just yell "Jake" and you have the right one. Just a thought from a Yankee! jar

Anonymous said...

"all sheep gone astray"

that's great. :)

so here, the weather is either sunshine and sweaty hot, or rainy. the sun shines in the morning, and then we have isolated (or scattered) showers (or t-storms) every afternoon or evening. it's very predictable. which means... i am at the library to pick out a movie for our evening rain. i need to pick it and ride my bike back home so that i can fry myself for a little while before the sun is gone.

middle school girls... i remember those days... frustrating at the beginning of our relationship, but somehow i learned things from them in the middle of it, and missed them at the end. i still remember hearing elise call rachel a chamilian (i don't know how to spell that... the lizard that changes colors)... because she's a different person with different people. it thought that was enlightening for a middle schooler.

love you.
molly.