Monday, August 08, 2005

Summer = Over

Sure, do not worry that it still is and will continue to be 100 degrees...summer is over! The kids start school on Wednesday! They are both so excited and I am grateful for that. I guess it will not always be that easy. (really like anything with kids is easy????)
We went to a water park yesterday for our end of summer blast, the kids had so much fun!! Oh well, I guess we did also. It is great to make their day by doing something for them.
I loved our church servic yesterday here is the condensed version:
1967 - 20??
Obviously I was born in 1967, (right I know it is old) and I had nothing at all to do with that date. It was not chosen by me and I did nothing to make it that year.
20?? I do not know the date of my death, and I really have nothing to do with that day either!!! I can eat healthy and work out, but if it is my time to go, it is my time to go.
SO, the only thing I do have control over is the - (one measly dash) and in that dash I will have ? years to do what it is I am supposed to do on this earth. So our pastor said "what will you do with your dash?" I love it. So, overall do not be a Moses. Do not say no to God when he is calling. Do not give Him all your excuses. Just do it. God has chosen you, and He believes that you are the best person for that job! What a great feeling. Let's fill the dash with something great for the Kingdom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.