Friday, August 20, 2004

Moms on being sick

Let's face it ladies, if you are a mom and you get the stomach virus, life simply will not allow even a slight pause in your routine!
I had severe stomach virus on Wednesday night, got the kids in bed and then, well I will not describe the detailed events that followed. Anyway, I was asleep when Corey got home, even though after he was home I still vomited again and he didn't even know it! Anyway, he left for work Thursday morning at about 6:00am, his team is in pre-season, so he still did not know that I was sick! I got up at 6:20 and got Kennedy ready for school, got her on the bus and just layed back down when Macguire woke up and soon followed by Emerson. So, we are off...everyone needs juice, waffles etc...and I am cringing because my stomach is rolling, but I make them breakfast then clean everything up and then I try to think of the best way to entertain a 4 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old ALL DAY!!!!! So we make it through most of the day and I get a call from the new gym owner and I have to go to a new school's cheer practice at 4:00 and talk to the 3 coaches! So, it is 2:30 and I haven't even taken a shower... Anyway, we get to the gym and I sort of have to hunch over a little bit, standing straight up makes me feel sick, but I turn to my precious 3 children and say "Please be good, sit still and let me talk and then we will be done faster" and earlier in the car they had asked me if we could buy donut holes and I am thinking sure, after the meeting. So, the kids are HIDEOUS!!!!! Running all over the gym, jumping in the bleachers, Emy has no shoes on, her hair bow is somewhere in the gym and the are throwing things and just overall, anything you can think of, they are doing it!!! So, let me recap, I am sick to my stomach, trying to talk 3 coaches into bringing their squads into my gym and trying to at least watch my children so they do not die!!!! I tried the subtle "Kennedy please be still" and what I really wanted to say was "SIT DOWN BEFORE I SPANK YOUR BOTTOM!!!!!!!" But I obviously cannot say that in front of these coaches and all 50 of their cheerleaders! So we make it through the meeting and we get to the car and then watch out!!! I went over everything to them and told them I was both angry and disappointed and that we were not stopping for donut holes. Really I guess I said "you will not have donut holes or anything else" and Mac (he is my sensitive, repentive one) is crying and saying "I'm very, very (which really sounds like berry), very sorry. But are we not allowed to have dinner?" And he is so serious and so sweet that it breaks me! I did not get them donut holes, but yes they had dinner etc...

No comments: